In case you hadn’t guessed, I really 💞 my animals. To the point of home made treats. Today I’m sharing my puppy cookies.
I sell these at our seasonal farm stand and they’re always a big hit. Plus, there’s just TWO ingredients!
1C whole wheat flour
2 4oz jars baby food
Tip: get a purée, one or two ingredient baby food like sweet potato or apples and pears. You can also used canned purée of pumpkin or applesauce. Or make it yourself. You’ll need 1C purée.
- Combine ingredients, dough will be a bit sticky.
- Lightly flour (whole wheat) a surface and roll out dough to 1/4″ thick.
- Cut out cookies using cutters or a shot glass or whatever.
- Remember, only reroll once – the dough gets too tough after that.
- Get your oven preheating to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a cooking sheet with non stick spray.
- Place cookies on tray. They don’t spread out when baking too much.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are firm.
- Let cool before removing to store.
Check with your puppy. If they like soft, store in a brown paper lunch sack.
If they like firm, store in a zip bag or plastic container.